It’s a fact that most people don’t pay much attention to their feet until and unless they start aching or there’s a problem that leads to decrease in the level and quality of the sufferer’s activity. Foot care tips do not mean simply getting a pedicure or massage which is opposite to the common belief. There are certain things which both women and men could do to keep their feet healthy!
Foot care tips for great health of the foot:
– Most important, keep your feet dry and clean. Wash them daily and apply lotion on cracked or dry heels.
– Don’t cut the nails too short or else infection or in-grown toenails could happen, so just trim them regularly.
– Make use of a pumice stone to make the rough skin areas on the feet soft and smooth but do not “shave” or “trim” calluses and corns.
– Make sure that you wear clean socks daily and that they can absorb sweat to let your feet breathe properly. The socks must not be constrictive since proper blood flow is necessary to foot care.
– Wear well-fitting shoes. Ensure that it provides your feet with sufficient cushioning and support. Also, the toe box must be large enough so that your feet are not agonizingly squeezed or crammed out of position.
– Avoid wearing high heels always. On days off or weekends, foot care must include well-cushioned flat shoes which protect and support the feet.
– Examine your shoes for obstructions such as pebbles before wearing them as it can lead to abrasions or variations in gait patterns.
Besides daily care, at times the achy feet requires a bit of TLC. There are various foot care tips which will work within any budget:
– To relax the tendons and muscles in the feet especially the calf muscles, soak your feet for 20 minutes in hot water then rub them down thoroughly with cream.
– Adding Epsom salt in the water will reduce pain in the foot and increase healing.
– For enhanced foot care, try this remedy at home: prepare a pot of dark and rich tea then put it in cool water. This soothing foot soak eases discomfort and gets rid of foot odour as well.
– To reduce achiness and swelling after a long tiring day, lift up your feet. For extra comfort, place a cushion underneath your legs to prevent the impairment of circulation.
– Make use of orthotic devices inside your shoes for additional cushioning or support. Another essential factor in good foot care is the quality and fit of footwear. Foot orthoses can help a lot in improving foot health.
– Keep in mind to stretch regularly. Having agile tendons in your feet and flexible calf muscles helps in reducing discomfort and maintains the health of the foot. This factor is often ignored even by the most careful person amongst all.
– To prevent the development of infections like athlete’s foot, wear shoes in the pool or gym and other such public places.
There are lots of things that can be done in order to protect the health of one’s feet, but the above mentioned foot care tips are within your means and easy that can be followed by everyone regardless of their budget or time.